It’s just a fact of life that with the summer almost in full swing, laundry duties at home won’t be slowing down any time soon. Even though kids are out of school and taking it easy, it’s quite possible that their daily clothes will take a beating the more time they spend outdoors. So if laundry is a chore that you’ll be enduring all summer long, why not set up an efficient laundry space to make the task a bit easier?
- Place a laundry receptacle in each family member’s bedroom or bathroom. This will make it easier to gather up all clothing items when it’s time to wash them.
- At least two bins should be placed in the laundry room dedicated to darks and whites.
- Arrange products from left to right in the same order that you use them. For example, your stain remover might be on the far left followed by detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheets. Also, these items may be best stored in transparent bins or baskets to prevent them from toppling over.
- Always remember that the laundry room should never be an after-thought. It should be a priority just like other parts of the house.
- Other extras in the laundry might include a radio, a small trash can for lint and pocket trash, and an area rug that’s more comfortable to stand on for long periods of time.
Did you know that Life Uncluttered has professional organizing solutions for your laundry room? Call us at 913-491-0900 to find out more!
Information and image from Real Simple