Linen closets can be very frustrating and intimidating spaces. Even if they start out looking neat and organized, it doesn’t take long for towels, sheets and toiletries to take on a life of their own. Its one space that never seems to stay in order. But these simple tips may help to keep your linen closet organized 24/7!
- Install tap lights – Cleaning your linen closet may be a little less daunting once you can actually see what you’re doing.
- Fluff, fold and press - It may not be a lot of fun, but ironing bed linens right after they come out of the dryer helps to fold and store them just like when you see them on store shelves.
- Condense – How many sheet sets do you have? How many do you really need? Donate or recycle sheet sets that you don’t use often. Use that extra shelf space for other items.
- Remove ratty towels – It’s quite common to tear damaged towels into smaller rags used for cleaning. But they don’t deserve to be kept in a nice linen closet. Transport damaged cleaning rags and towels an under-sink area.
- Make labels – When other family members participate in cleaning and organizing, the often put items in the wrong place. Use labels or a color coding system so that everyone knows where everything goes.
Image from Re-Nest
Image from BHG