What do you store in your garage? We’re willing to bet it’s a whole lot more than just your car. With spring cleaning on the
rise in the next few weeks, cleaning out the garage is a task that many will brave. But be sure not to go about it the wrong way. Buying a ton of shelving and storage bins’, emptying out your garage and then reorganizing all the same stuff is not the way to go. The trick is to first determine how you’d like to utilize your garage space, beside for car parking.
- Think about your options for storage solutions before you buy anything. Consider the types of things you need to store. Will plastic bins do, or will your belongings require more heavy-duty (and more expensive) materials?
- Organize your garage stuff into three piles: things to keep, things to give away and things to trash.
- Thoroughly clean the walls and floors.
- Store items like gardening tools and sports equipment in groups so they are easier to find.
- Finally, take into consideration how time-consuming and demanding it can be to clean and organize a garage. If you can’t do it on your own, there are professionals who can do it for you!
Life Uncluttered is experienced in finding creative and efficient ways to utilize and maximize your garage space. If you’re in the Overland Park or Kansas City area, call us at 913-491-0900 to discuss your options today!
Photo from Real Simple