The second Tuesday in March is National Organize Your Home Office Day. What better way to celebrate than by sharing
some office organization tips!
- The top of your desk should be reserved for things you work on daily. Weekly items can be placed inside a deskdrawer. Consider storing all other items elsewhere. Don’t be afraid to shred old paperwork that you know you won’t need in the future.
- Use a wall cork board to organize schedules, reminders, tasks, messages and to-do lists.
- Store writing utensils in one area so they’re easy to find when you need to write something down.
- Keep bills separated into two piles: paid and need to pay.
- When used correctly, clipboards, clips, trays and rolodexes can be excellent ways to organize your most important paperwork and contact information.
- Use color coding and labels to keep track of file folders.
Getting your office in order can truly work wonders by boosting your productivity. Need help? Call Life Uncluttered at 913-491-0900 today!
Photo courtesy of Flickr