People who use their closets the right way don’t have to worry about enough storage. But when professionally installed closet systems are in the mix, storage space can be doubled in many cases. To get the most out of your closet space, take these expert tips from The Association of Closet and Storage Professionals:
- Take everything out of the closet and evaluate what should be kept.
- Get rid of clothes that do not fit or are out of style.
- Find other storage areas for things like sports gear and other items that don’t belong in a clothes closet
- Weed out unused hangers to create more space.
Now you are ready to plan the space for the remaining clothes and accessories:
- Measure the length of hanging clothes; shirts, skirts and other short items can be hung on double rods.
- Count sweaters and shoes in order to provide adequate cubbies and shelving.
- Use hooks to store robes, night gown, and “around the house” clothing.
Let Life Uncluttered create a custom closet that works for you. Call us at 913-491-0900 for more information about our services.
Image from Closets.org