Whether you’re new to recycling or even if you’ve been doing it for years, there’s always ways to make the process easier and more streamlined. Have you tried any of these techniques?
- It might make sense to have a small recycling area in each applicable room. But having to track and organize inthe kitchen, bathroom, garage and elsewhere can become more hassle than it’s worth. Choose one single area like the garage or a utility room to house all of your recyclables.
- In your dedicated recycling area, use wall hooks to hang bags for cans and bottles. Simply take the bag with you when it’s time to deposit, and then bring the empty bags back home to start again.
- Recycling items like electronics, batteries, light bulbs, leftover paint and chemicals involves some safety precautions. Incorrect disposal and lead to serious health and safety hazards. Always check with your local waste management provider to find out the proper ways to dispose of or recycle items that you are not sure of.
- For recycling multiple types of goods, stackable bins are a good way to keep them separated. Many bins can also be easily lifted and transported for depositing.
- Although you love recycling, you may not want everyone to see your newspapers, bottles and cans piling up. A simple solution is to use a nice wicker backs or another decorative storage mechanism to discreetly place recyclables.
Life Uncluttered wants to know: How do you keep your recyclables organized? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
Information and image from BHG